The 1838B is miniaturized infrared receivers for remote control and other applications requiring improved ambient light rejection.
The separate PIN diode and preamplifier IC are assembled on a single leadframe.
The epoxy package contains a special IR filter.
This module has excellent performance even in disturbed ambient light applications and provides protection against uncontrolled output pulses.
• Photo detector and preamplifier in one package .
• Internal filter for PCM frequency.
• Inner shield, good anti-interference ability.
• High immunity against ambient light.
• Improved shielding against electric field disturbance
• 5.0V supply voltage; low power consumption.
• TTL and CMOS compatibility.
• Suitable transmission code:NEC code,RC5 code.
1. Optical switch
2. Light detecting portion of remote control
• AV instruments such as Audio,TV,VCR,CD,MD,DVD,etc.
• Home appliances such as Air-conditioner,Fan,etc.
• CATV set top boxes
• Multi-media Equipment
The IR receiver can be powered at anywhere from 2.5V to 5.5V, so it plays very nicely with a variety of development boards.
This module is tuned to demodulate 38kHz signals, which are a very common in the IR signal world. It turns a spiky, modulated signal like this:
Into this a cleaner, much easier to read signal like this:
So all we have to do to read the output of this device is count high and low pulses, and measure their durations. For more information on the VS1838 , check out its datasheet.