HY2120-DB 2S lithium battery protection IC SOT23-6
HY2120 ICs is best created for 2-cell lithium-ion/lithium polymer rechargeable battery protection and it also comprises high-accuracy voltage detectors and delay circuits. These ICs are suitable for protecting 2-cell rechargeable lithium-ion/lithium polymer battery packs against the problems of overcharge, overdischarge and overcurrent.
The features that whole series of HY2120 comprised are as follows:
(1) High-accuracy voltage detection circuit
● Overcharge detection voltage VCUn (n＝1, 2) 4.10 to 4.50V Accuracy ±25mV
● Overcharge release voltage VCRn (n＝1, 2) 3.90 to 4.30V Accuracy ±50mV
● Overdischarge detection voltage VDLn (n＝1, 2) 2.00 to 3.20V Accuracy ±80mV
● Overdischarge release voltage VDRn (n＝1, 2) 2.30 to 3.40V Accuracy ±100mV
● Discharge overcurrent detection voltage (by option)
● Charge overcurrent detection voltage (by option) Accuracy ±30mV
● Short-circuiting detection voltage 1.0V(fixed) Accuracy ±0.4V (2)Delay times are generated by an internal circuit (external capacitors are unnecessary).
● Overcharge delay time 1000ms typ.
● Overdischarge delay time 110ms typ.
● Discharge overcurrent delay time 10ms typ.
● Charge overcurrent detection voltage 7ms typ.
● Short circuit delay time 250μs typ. (3) Low current consumption(Products with Power-down Function)
● Operation mode 5.0μA typ., 9.0μA max. (VDD=7.8V)
● Ultra low power-down current at 0.1μA max. (VDD=4.0V)
(4) High-withstanding-voltage device is used for charger connection pins (CS pin and OC pin : Absolute maximum rating = 33 V)
(5) 0 V battery charge function “available” / “unavailable” are selectable
(6) Wide operating temperature range −40°C to +85 °C
(7) Small package SOT-23-6
(8) The HY2120 series are Halogen-free, green package