You want to make a cool Arduino robot, maybe a hexapod walker, or maybe just a piece of art with a lot of moving parts. Or maybe you want to drive a lot of LEDs with precise PWM output. Then you realize that the Arduino has only a few PWM outputs, and maybe those outputs are conflicting with another shield! What now? You could give up OR you could just get our handy PWM and Servo driver shield. It’s just like our popular PWM/Servo Breakout but now Arduino-ready and works with any Arduino that uses shields: Uno, Leo, Mega, ADK, its all good.
When we saw this chip, we quickly realized what an excellent add-on this would be. Using only two I2C pins, control 16 free-running PWM outputs! You can even stack up 62 shields to control up to 992 PWM outputs (which we would really like to see since it would be glorious and like 4 feet tall) Because I2C is a shared bus you can also connect other I2C devices and sensors to the SCL/SDA pins as long as their addresses don’t conflict (this shield has address 0x40)
- There’s an I2C-controlled PWM driver with a built in clock. That means that, unlike the TLC5940 family, you do not need to continuously send it signal tying up your microcontroller, its completely free running!
- It is 5V compliant, which means you can control it from a 3.3V Arduino and still safely drive up to 6V outputs (this is good for when you want to control white or blue LEDs with 3.4+ forward voltages)
- 6 address select pins so you can stack up to 62 of these on a single i2c bus, a total of 992 outputs – that’s a lot of servos or LEDs
- Adjustable frequency PWM up to about 1.6 KHz
- 12-bit resolution for each output – for servos, that means about 4us resolution at 60Hz update rate
- Configurable push-pull or open-drain output
We wrapped up this lovely chip into a shield with a couple nice extras
- Terminal block for power input (or you can use the 0.1″ breakouts on the side)
- Reverse polarity protection on the terminal block input
- Green and red power-good LEDs
- 3 pin connectors in groups of 4 so you can plug in 16 servos at once (Servo plugs areslightly wider than 0.1″ so you can only stack 4 next to each other on 0.1″ header
- Stackable design. You’ll need to pick up stacking headers and right angle 3×4 headers in order to stack on top of this shield without the servo connections getting in the way.
- A spot to place a big capacitor on the V+ line (in case you need it)
- 220 ohm series resistors on all the output lines to protect them, and to make driving LEDs trivial
- Solder jumpers for the 6 address select pins
- A lot of extra space remaining? Let’s turn it into a prototyping area. You get a 5×20 proto area for any extra wiring you’d like to add
- Check out our tutorial with Arduino and you can get our documented Arduino library which has both PWM and Servo examples!
Refund Policy for UGE Electronics “Https://uge-one.com “
1. Returns and Refunds
Thank you for shopping at UGE Electronics “Https://uge-one.com “. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
2. Eligibility for Refund
To be eligible for a refund, please make sure that:
– The item was purchased in the last 14 days.
– The item is in the original packaging.
– The item isn’t used or damaged.
3. How to Initiate a Refund
To initiate a refund, please contact our customer support at [[email protected]] or . Provide your order number and details about the product you would like to return.
4. Refund Processing Time
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment). You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
5. Shipping Costs
Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
If you wish to exchange an item, please contact our customer support. You will be responsible for the return shipping costs, and we will cover the shipping costs of the replacement item.
7. Damaged or Defective Items
If you received a damaged or defective product, please contact us immediately for assistance. We will work with you to resolve the issue promptly.
8. Contact Information
If you have any questions about our Refund Policy, please contact us at [[email protected]].
Important Note: This Return & Refund Policy is applied only for Orders invoiced VIA UGE Electronics, and regarding any Orders has been invoiced VIA any Other Vendor you can check the Return & Refund Policy of this Vendor VIA the Vendor Stroe Page, and it’s not our responsibility for any issue between you and the Vendor.